Exfoliation is the act of removing dead skin cells from the skin’s surface. It is a crucial step in maintaining healthy, vibrant skin. There are various ways to exfoliate the skin, such as chemical peels and microdermabrasion. One of the newest methods for refining and smoothing your skin is dermaplaning. It improves a variety of skin conditions, involves zero downtime, and offers fabulous results.
What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a safe and effective cosmetic procedure that brightens and refines skin texture. An esthetician uses a #10 surgical scalpel to remove the epithelial tissue of the stratum corneum. At the same time the skin care specialist also removes fine facial hairs, commonly known as peach fuzz. A lot of our clients find the Dermaplaning treatment very relaxing. The hair will grow back over time but will not be courser as many believe.
This gentle and efficient exfoliation treatment benefits the skin in many ways including:
- Enhances the penetration of skincare products. Removing dead skin cells allows treatments to absorb better, which boosts their efficacy.
- Refines skin texture. Skin looks and feels much smoother after a dermaplaning facial treatment.
- Smooths the appearance of acne scarring.
- Vellus hair (peach fuzz) traps dirt and oils. Removing this hair gives you cleaner and brighter skin. This is especially helpful for women over 40 since we grow more facial hair as we age.
- Makeup and other cosmetics are easier and faster to apply, giving you a flawless complexion.
- Skin is rejuvenated and stimulated. Removing dead skin cells smooths the appearance of fine lines and hyperpigmentation.
- This is an excellent treatment to have before laser procedures. Removing fine hairs from the face makes the laser more efficient. The light beams won’t reflect off the tiny hairs on your skin, making the treatment perform better.
- Dermaplaning is an excellent and safe treatment for pregnant women. Pregnancy prevents many women from utilizing a variety of skin care treatments. These include the use of Retinoids, Beta-Hydroxy Acids, and various exfoliants and skin lightening products. This is a wonderful alternative for expecting mothers who still want a dewy complexion.
Is Dermaplaning Right for You?
Dermaplaning is perfect for everyone, with the exception of individuals suffering from inflamed acne, or those who have super sensitive skin. There is no downtime involved, and the results last for three to four weeks. Contact Medical Cosmetics today to discover if dermaplaning is right for your skin!